Welcome to my Blog

It mostly covers my work as UNISON Scotland's Head of Policy and Public Affairs although views are my own. For full coverage of UNISON Scotland's policy and campaigns please visit our web site. You can also follow me on Twitter. I hope you find this blog interesting and I would welcome your comments.

Tuesday, 23 March 2010

Management consultants update

Our story on management consultants got very wide coverage today.

I particularly liked this comment on the Scotsman site:

"The la Bonbon Public Affairs Consultancy stands ready to assist our councils and quangos to develop new and discreet area-focused methodologies to downsize their expenditure on external consultants. With our renowned holistic goldfish bowl facilitated webinars and joined up situational thought shower-focused engagement facilitation competencies, my associates and I will soon re-weave your revenue streams and revitalise stakeholder blue-sky thinking outside the box, achieving transformational rebaselining of the bottom line. Ask about our discounts for cash."

As someone who has had to sit through many a jargon ridden presentation by consultants this says it all. My particular hate is "human capital". No, workers are real people not some accountancy spin off!

No comments:

Post a Comment