Welcome to my Blog

I am a semi-retired former Scottish trade union policy wonk, now working on a range of projects. This includes the Director of the Jimmy Reid Foundation. All views are my own, not any of the organisations I work with. You can also follow me on Twitter. Or on Threads @davewatson1683. I hope you find this blog interesting and I would welcome your comments.

Wednesday 4 August 2010

Scottish Futures Trust and PFI

The Herald is running an interview with SFT Chief Executive Barry White that highlights that the Scottish Futures Trust would still use PFI.

Perhaps the only real surprise here is that The Herald thinks that this is a new revelation. The SFT has been developing PFI schemes from the outset. The Hub initiative is a direct copy of the English LIFT PFI scheme. The so called Non Profit Distributing (NPD) model is also a PFI scheme, with plenty of profit returned to the commercial partners.

If you put a former PFI advisor to run the SFT and a private finance banker to Chair it, you shouldn't be surprised if they stick with what they know. And that's PFI.

No comments:

Post a Comment