Welcome to my Blog

I am a semi-retired former Scottish trade union policy wonk, now working on a range of projects. This includes the Director of the Jimmy Reid Foundation. All views are my own, not any of the organisations I work with. You can also follow me on Twitter. Or on Threads @davewatson1683. I hope you find this blog interesting and I would welcome your comments.

Monday 24 May 2010

Towards May 2011

It was our annual Labour Link policy seminar at the weekend. Obviously some looking back at the recent UK General Election and the political environment in general. But the main focus was on the vision Scottish Labour should adopt for the Scottish Parliamentary elections in 2011.

If there is one message from the positive result in Scotland compared with England, it is that Labour voters cannot be motivated to turn out and vote on a diet of New Labour ideology. Labour's message in Scotland since devolution has been different, and the election result shows that it is more in tune with our natural supporters.

So for 2011 we need a bold vision that reflects Labour's traditional values, set in a modern context. We debated a draft submission to the Scottish Policy Forum's second stage consultation document that seeks to do just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment