Welcome to my Blog

I am a semi-retired former Scottish trade union policy wonk, now working on a range of projects. This includes the Director of the Jimmy Reid Foundation. All views are my own, not any of the organisations I work with. You can also follow me on Twitter. Or on Threads @davewatson1683. I hope you find this blog interesting and I would welcome your comments.

Thursday 6 May 2010

Vote Labour

This has not been the most inspiring election I have been involved in. The 'XFactor' election has promoted style over substance and all the parties have favoured negativity over their positive messages.

None the less the outcome could not be more important for the UK and Scotland. Either we will re-elect a Labour government that has proven they can fight for working people, or tomorrow we will see a Tory government take charge. I am certainly not saying Labour has been perfect, but let's not take for granted the changes we've seen over the past years. Trade union members and their families need a government that will make fairer choices on the economy and that is Labour.

No comments:

Post a Comment