Welcome to my Blog

I am a semi-retired former Scottish trade union policy wonk, now working on a range of projects. This includes the Director of the Jimmy Reid Foundation. All views are my own, not any of the organisations I work with. You can also follow me on Twitter. Or on Threads @davewatson1683. I hope you find this blog interesting and I would welcome your comments.

Friday 13 August 2010

Strategy Conference

This week we launched our Public Services Strategy Conference to be held on Saturday 4 September in Glasgow.

The conference starts from the premise that Scotland needs quality public services and there is an alternative to cuts and job losses.  This conference is an opportunity to discuss the alternatives including:


* How fair taxation and a living wage can support services


* How communities and trade unions are defending services and jobs


* Why public is better than private


* What you can do to protect your services, your community, your job

Speakers include UNISON General Secretary, Dave Prentis and Stephen Boyd from the STUC. There will be workshops with an emphasis on action planning to take the campaign forward.

If you want to attend you can register on the UNISON Scotland website.


No comments:

Post a Comment