Welcome to my Blog

I am a semi-retired former Scottish trade union policy wonk, now working on a range of projects. This includes the Director of the Jimmy Reid Foundation. All views are my own, not any of the organisations I work with. You can also follow me on Twitter. Or on Threads @davewatson1683. I hope you find this blog interesting and I would welcome your comments.

Saturday 10 April 2010

Glasgow demo

Great day today. Marching through Glasgow in glorious sunshine with thousands of UNISON members to defend our public services.


UNISON President Gerry Gallagher summed up our case at the rally in Kelvingrove Park when he said; "Our members didn't cause the crash, and neither did the people we serve every day in communities across Scotland".


Our members coming together like this is what trade union solidarity is all about. We may not have the resources of the business funded campaigns to slash public services - but we have real people. And when they come together at events like this, they are more powerful than the slickest video or media stunt.



No comments:

Post a Comment